Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer is here!

Well, it looks like summer is finally here. This past weekend{ Independence day } was a hot, humid, wonderful day. I had patriotic music going all day, and the cold beers were flowing, along with some awsome food.
There is nothing better than spending time with family in the back yard.
Grilled hot dogs and burgers. Hot and mild italian sausage, fresh keilbasa, baked beans and macaroni salad topped it off!

As far as the garden goes........ At least six plants have begun showing their heads on the brocoli plants. I pulled a mess of parsnips out of the ground Saturday, and the beans will be getting picked in about a week.  My corn is growing surprisingly fast. I didn't think it had a chance with all the rain and cool temps from last month, but it looks good. Real good.

We were also cranking out the rpm's yesterday on the ATV's. The kids had a blast. We also had a bonfire!!

So, today it's back to work. My new "Pest of the Month" is due today, along with three other articles. Shouldnt be too bad. I had all the notes and info done already. Thank Goodness. Writing around here will be a little tough to do the next week or so. The grandkids arrived yesterday, so getting any work done in my office will be interesting, to say the least. Then it's off to Louden for the RACE!

Congratulations to Bert Richards for winning this month's veggie raffle. I havent heard from him yet though, so I might end up eating them myself!

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment