Sunday, June 5, 2011

Everything's In

Finally!

Everything is in the ground! What a start to the growing season!

This is the first year ever that I have had to weed areas of the garden, before Ive had everything planted. Like Ive mentioned before, it's amazing what ten days of rain can do to peoples' schedules this time of year. Especially people who work outside, like farmers, gardeners, landscapers and such.

Anyway, everything is in the ground. Yesterday was the end of planting. For this time of the season anyway. I was actually worried about the corn. Siri wanted to start corn in flats this year, instead of direct seeding. We started them over a month ago and they were about two feet tall in their cells. I thought they might dry out and die, but they are in the ground and seem to be doing well.

Tomatoes are also all in now, as of yesterday. Over forty plants. I'm thinking I'd better find some more quart canning jars before harvest or I'll be standing on the roadside giving away tomatoes to folks as they pass by!
O.K., selling, not giving away!

This week I will be planting blackberries and blue berries, and I will begin the long and sometimes exhausting yearly chore of cutting and splitting firewood for next fall and winter. I will also be completing the New and IMPROVED chicken pen and yard for our new laying hens. I can't wait to be back to fresh eggs everyday!

I will be reposting at the end of this week to update everyone on the progress around here, and maybe brag a little bit about the big BASS that didnt get away!

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment