Friday, November 28, 2014

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we sure did.


I had the girls out today doing some bb gun shooting. Buddy couldn't come out to play today. He is in bed with a viral infection. I felt real bad about him not coming out but, I had already promised the girls we would shoot. I don't like to hold back one of the kids when another one of them can't do something. I don't think it's fair.


Anyway, he kept looking out the window to watch us shoot. He didn't notice right away that I was watching for him. Once he realized I kept looking up at him, he would close the curtains. We would shoot for a few minutes, then I would see him and give him a thumbs up. Every time I would thumbs up, he would close the curtains with a mean look on his face. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself every time he did it, even though I felt bad about it. After all, he is the one who asks EVERY DAY if we can go out and shoot.


Meanwhile, the shooting is going along great.
 Zoe would get up there and pling, pling, pling.
Siri would get up there and pling, pling, pling.
Uncle Rit would get up there and pling, dud, miss, pling. Uncle Rit hasn't shot a bb gun in years.
Finally I get my "turn". I cock the gun, hit the safety, take aim and........ miss, miss, miss!!!


I grumble to myself something about the damned wind blowing every time I go to shoot. The girls chuckle and roll they're eyes. I look back and explain to the girls that the wind has such an impact on the bb's cause they're so light in weight. They look at each other with a slight grin and walk away, looking at the ground and shaking they're heads.


As I quietly follow the girls back to the house I turn to look for Buddy. He's at the window shaking his head at me too. I give him the thumbs up and........ he closes the curtains!


I LOVE TEACHING THE KIDS ALL THE THINGS I KNOW ABOUT THE OUTDOORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment