Friday, January 3, 2014

And yet another storm!

I know, I know. We are New Englanders. We should expect it and we can handle it. But that doesn't make it easier to deal with just by saying it.
I find the older I get, the less I like it. As a matter of fact....... I can't stand it anymore!!

I bought a nice new snow blower five years ago. I was excited to get it and I couldn't wait to use it. A big storm came and half way through snow blowing....... I was miserable.

Last year my dad found a brand new Meyer snow plow in Maine for me. Down here in CT. it was going for around $5200.00. I went up there and got it for $4000.00   INSTALLED AND OUT THE DOOR!!

I was so happy to get it home and I couldn't wait to use it. The first storm was great! What used to take me hours to do now took only twenty minutes!! Then the three foot blizzard came and...........
I was miserable! It worked great and I was done in forty five minutes!! And I did my neighbors place and my friend up the road. He's the one I make all my bratwursts, kielbasa, sausages and venison jerky with.  Of course I'm helping him out with snow removal!

I don't mind cold weather. It can be 5 degrees all winter and I wouldn't mind. It's just the damned snow. I don't like it. I never did. Snow equals work and I get enough of that without that nasty white crap barreling down on us! I am done with winter and I can't wait to someday get down to Georgia or South Carolina! Winter sucks! Period.

By the way........ I am soooo excited about next weekend!! The ice is thick and I can't wait to hit the hard water!!!!! Tip ups, nipper bottle, dutch oven and box oven cooking on the lake!!! Not to mention a bon-fire!!!!! It's time for a fish fry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment